2014 ilANDing Laboratory Initiatives
- Take a walk and share a picnic with choreographer Athena Kokoronis and ecologist Leila Mougoui Bakhtiari to learn about trees in local parks. Participants will develop scores based on walks and combine them in an improvisatory quilt with others.
- Join Charles Dennis on a canoe trip to Gerritsen Inlet in Marine Park, Brooklyn and explore the natural landscape. After group improvisation, take time to read, meditate, and journal.
- EJ McAdams, Douglas Manson and Virginia Millington will take us on a guided walk of a transect within the urban landscape, exploring poetry, pacing and environment.
- Help rebuild habitat at the Bronx River Salt Marsh by planting wetlands and discussing threats to urban wildlife.
- Complete a journey using landmarks, interaction with others, and intuition to guide you. Then work with others to propose new plans for easier navigation to City Council.
- Explore collaboration and the methodology of practice through a workshop of movement, writing, modeling, and construction.
- Join choreographer Jill Sigman, astrophysicist Tony Faddoul and multimedia artist Moria Williams for an exploration series for stargazing, a design charette, collaborative walks, and a potluck picnic panel.
- Investigate a commercial street and notice multiple narratives at each liminal junction. Develop a coherent narrative yourself using a variety of multi-media.