iLAND is seeking a Managing & Program Director to lead the organization into its next phase of programmatic growth. A perfect opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated not-for-profit manager interested in contemporary dance, urban ecology, and environmental issues, the position will involve working with renowned choreographer Jennifer Monson as well as support staff. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently and take initiative, yet work within a strong team to expand the organization’s programs and services in the areas of rural residencies, international residencies, mentorship, environmental justice, interdisciplinary collaboration, and partnerships with both cultural and environmental organizations. This is an exceptional chance for someone with a long-term view to create a strong platform for an organization poised to expand its visibility and impact. The position will initially be part-time with the goal of increasing the budget significantly towards a full time role.
- Oversight of organizational operations including fundraising, budgeting and financial management and
- Management of the annual iLAB residency program;
- Development and management of the annual iLAND symposium;
- Production of the creative work of Artistic Director Jennifer Monson.
- Minimum 2-3 years training and experience in management in the performing arts and/or environmental
- Excellent organizational, administrative and computer skills;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Passion for and/or work experience in the area of environmental activism, research, science or policy;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to initiate and nurture relationships with a variety of people from different backgrounds and fields;
- including but not limited to scientists, artists and advocacy groups;
- Proficiency with a range of MAC-based computer software;
- Communication skills via social media;
- A great sense of humor.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Application deadline: July 15th.
Please email a resume, three references and cover with Managing Director as the subject of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will take place between July 20-22 with final candidates’ interviews on August 6-7.